Let’s Get Your Project to the Finish Line
Call Us For A Quote!
At Equus Striping, our pavement marking expertise goes beyond just installing precisely executed lines. We are known for taking on complex design projects in the Washington, D.C. metro area that others may shy away from. We can help you create an eye-catching design for your latest project or improve an existing one.
From turning a roadway or parking lot into a navigable and ADA-accessible space to creating vibrant playground markings, our team has the skills and experience to bring your vision to life. We use state-of-the-art line striping machines and the best-quality paints and products available to guarantee consistent, high-quality, error-free lines.
Where You’ll Find Us
It doesn’t matter where you need pavement marked, we can go anywhere! We work with mom-and-pop shops up to large enterprises including state and federal agencies, governments, utility companies, private sector general and subcontractors, and large institutional customers.
What We Mark
We use a scarifier or a power washer to remove existing lines or markings from pavement, courts, and fields.
Wheel Stop Installation
Wheel stoppers can be installed in parking spaces to prevent cars from rolling into other spaces. Equus can paint the wheel stops with bright stripes to make them easily visible.
Lines and markings often need a refresh to maintain the minimum level of thickness. Equus can refresh those older lines and markings to make them look brand new!
- Licensed in DC, MD, and VA
- DC – CBE
- DDOT – DBE/SBE
- WMATA -DBE/SBE
- MDOT – DBE/MBE/SBE
- VDOT – DBE/SBE
- MWAA – LDBE
- WPEO – WBE/WOSB
- SBA – EDWOSB
- 237310 Highway, Road, and Bridge Construction
- 238990 Other Specialty Trade, Contractor
- 912-65-00 Maintenance and Repair, Tennis/Sport Court
- 912-76-00 Striping Streets, Parking Facilities, Lane Divisions, etc (paint)
- 913-27-00 Construction, Highway and Road
- 913-27-25 Improvements, Road and Intersection
- 913-94-81 Tape, Pavement Marking. This item shall consist of furnishing, installing, and maintaining Temporary Center Lines, Lane Lines, Edge Lines, and other Markings on paved surfaces
- 914-84-00 Trade Services, Construction (Not Otherwise Classified)
- 929-67-00 Painting Services, Road and Heavy Industrial Equipment
- 962-53-00 Marking and Stenciling Services
- 968-61-00 Pavement Marking Services (Including Removal of Markings)
- 968-61-40 Epoxy Pavement Marking Removal Services
- 968-61-55 Pavement Marking Lines, Letters, and Symbols
- 968-61-56 Pavement Grinding, Grooving, and Marking Removal. This work shall consist of furnishing all material, equipment, and labor necessary to Grind and/or Grove pavement and to Remove Marking Material from pavement
- 988-03-00 Athletic Field Maintenance
Equus’s Project Highlights
Vision Zero DC Public School Traffic Garden
The National Park Service has been planning over the last year to provide traffic improvements for East Potomac Park, specifically the southern tip of the park known as Hains Point. East Potomac Park provides nearly 300 acres of recreational opportunities, and the southern tip of the park includes popular picnic and playground areas that is bordered by a 2.5-mile loop of Ohio Drive. The once two-way roadway has been transformed by Equus Striping’s pavement markings in July 2023 into a multi-use thoroughfare that includes a one-way vehicle roadway, a two-way protected pedestrian and bike lane pathway, new parking oriented to afford complete separation of pedestrian and bike traffic from vehicle traffic. Equus is proud to be a part of this highly visible and important improvement project to create a multi-use space that will improve traffic safety, and maintain vehicle access all while minimizing the impact on the park’s many resources. Successfully working to change the world, one line at a time.